cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Views for readers
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:23:17 GMT

On Thursday, Aug 14, 2003, at 16:02 Europe/Rome, Bertrand Delacretaz
wrote:

> Le Jeudi, 14 aoû 2003, à 15:53 Europe/Zurich, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
>
>> ...But shouldn't we keep labels that are already used into pipelines
>> ? E.g :
>>
>> <map:read src="docs/{1}.doc" label="raw, xdoc"/>
>> <map:generate src="docs/{1}.doc" type="word2xml" label="raw"/>
>> <map:transform src="xword2xdoc.xsl" label="xdoc"/>
>
> If it's this way I'd prefer "unless-label" in map:read to make it
> clear.
>
> Or maybe
>
>   <map:read src="docs/{1}.doc" unless-label="*"/>
>
> would do, meaning "use this unless any views are requested"
> (and * would be the only allowed value).
>
>> Ah, and this is very easily implementable ;-)
>
> Quickquick, do it before the FS police hears us ;-)

Gotcha! I dislike having a map:read before a map:generator. Try again.

> Seriously, I find this useful for indexing and other purposes
> (gettting meta-information about binary files, images, etc for
> example).

wait wait wait wait this is exactly what JSR-170 is doing.

They are preparing for public review shortly, please let's way until
they are out before touching this at the sitemap level!!!

> --
Stefano.