cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Morrison, John" <John.Morri...@uk.experian.com>
Subject RE: Porting Cocoon Logging to Log4j - Proposal and Discussion
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:56:04 GMT
I for one would be -1 on this.  Cocoon relies heavily on Avalon, it
makes IMNSHO little sense when Avalon supports multiple logging
mechanisms to rip it out and recode.

J.

Robert Simmons wrote:
> Actually, I was proposign the removal of the avalon logging mechanism
> completely.
>
> -- Robert
>
> "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@s-und-n.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> The Avalon Logging can be changed to use Log4J. Currently the usage
>> of the LogKit is hard-coded in Cocoon. I added the possibility to
>> configure which logging framework you want to use to the avalon
>> core, but never had
> time to test
> it.
>> If this is working, only minor changes have to be made to Cocoon
>> (changing three or four lines of code) and you can use Log4j in
>> Cocoon.
>>
>> Carsten

to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to
create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through
the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance
with the Experian Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or
other express written agreement between Experian Limited and the recipient
Experian Limited (registration number 653331)