cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Sayre <m...@franklinmint.fm>
Subject Re: [RT] Updating our marketing strategy
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 23:30:30 GMT
On 8/5/03 4:29 AM, "Steven Noels" <stevenn@outerthought.org> wrote:

> On 29/07/2003 9:28 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> I'll write something up.
>
> I needed something for a conference I'll be speaking, and I came up with:
>
> "Apache Cocoon is a compelling XML-centric framework for building
> serious web applications. Different from traditional development
> frameworks, Cocoon provides XML pipelining and aggregation for content
> composition cleanly separated from a flow definition and execution
> context, offering an ideal platform for both content- and logic-driven
> web applications."
>
> How does that sound?

"content- and logic-driven" is a little difficult to understand. When it
comes down to it, neither really means anything (I know what you mean, but I
understand your sentence in a cocoon context).

How about this:
"Different from traditional development frameworks, Cocoon provides XML
pipelining and aggregation for content composition cleanly separated from a
flow definition and execution context. This separation of concerns makes it
an ideal platform for both publishing- and task-based web applications."

"Task-based" may not be the best choice of words, but it "logic-driven" is a
little vague, IMO.