cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Views for readers
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:36:54 GMT

On Thursday, Aug 14, 2003, at 21:44 Europe/Rome, Andreas Hochsteger
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sorry, but this discussion seems to tell us one thing:
> The current sitemap syntax and cocoon processing model is not really
> suitable for such kind of processing.

I completely agree.

> All this reminds me of a proposal (which was actually a RT) I've sent
> back in January this year, where I proposed a more intuitive and
> flexible pipeline concept.

Maybe more flexible (and this is half of what FS is!) but more
intuitive?

> I don't want to say, that this would be the solution to all problems
> and
> I definitely made some mistakes because I didn't know that much of the
> cocoon internals at the time of writing, but I think it's time to take
> second look at it.

Until I'm around, any proposal to make cocoon more suitable for binary
pipelines will receive a -1 from me (vote, not veto! remember)

> So here's the link:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104482372430759&w=2
>
> Again, please don't be so harsh concerning mistakes, but I think there
> are
> many ideas included, which give some food for thought.

the main idea of this thread and Nicola's thoughts and Jeff's proposal
is that cocoon should be instrumented to allow more binary process.

I strongly disagree.

Cocoon should process XML and focus on that. Other systems (a content
repository, for example) should process the binaries (at creation time!
not at publishing time!)

Say "no" to woodo!

--
Stefano.