cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Accessing public static final constants from JXTemplate
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:09:24 GMT

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 07:36 PM, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have a class called Constants, that is like this:

> Package org.iniva.util;
> public final class Constants {
> 	public static final String FAILURE = "Failed";
> 	public static final String CANCEL_ACTION = "Cancelled";
> 	// etc.
> }
>
> I wish to share this between my Java 'biz logic', my FlowScripts and
> the View Layer.

I have tried the following expressions in JXTemplate :

#{org/iniva/util/Constants/CANCEL_ACTION}                 : No pointer
for xpath Exception
#{Packages/org/iniva/util/Constants/CANCEL_ACTION} : No pointer for
xpath Exception
#{org.iniva.util.Constants.CANCEL_ACTION}                   : no output
#{Packages.org.iniva.util.Constants. CANCEL_ACTION}   : no output
#{java.org.iniva.util.Constants. CANCEL_ACTION}            : no output
${org.iniva.util.Constants.CANCEL_ACTION}                    : no output
${Packages.org.iniva.util.Constants. CANCEL_ACTION}    : no output
${java.org.iniva.util.Constants. CANCEL_ACTION}            :
			outputs "[JavaPackage java.org.iniva.util.Constants. CANCEL_ACTION]"

So I am not any closer ......

Any suggestions?

Thanks

regards Jeremy