cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Blocks Manual
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:25:03 GMT
Le Jeudi, 28 aoû 2003, à 13:45 Europe/Zurich, Robert Simmons a écrit :
> ...On-topic: that blocks manual would be cool. Im having a hard time
> figuring
> out what blocks I will need for my production build....

There were lots of discussion a while ago on the docs list regarding
"component reference pages", basically manpage-like reference docs on
the various components (Blocks or not).

The general idea was to have a reference page for each component,
partly generated from the component's source code javadoc tags,
augmented by xml or text-based narration.

This hasn't happened yet as nobody really took the plunge, but anybody
willing to help on this is welcome - in the meantime the qdox block
allows javadoc-like tags to be processed by Cocoon when generating the
docs.

In the meantime, the best reference for the blocks are the samples, but
you're right that a well-organized documentation would be better.

-Bertrand