cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: can you reach sitemap params from JXTemplate?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:28:53 GMT

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 07:46 AM, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>

>> On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 05:42 PM, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>>
>>> Without trying it ...
>>> #{parameters.myParameter} should do it ...
>>
>> no go
>>
>> tried both:
>>
>> #{parameters.publishedJobServer}
>> ${parameters.publishedJobServer}
>
> I don't think there is any other possibility as
> '${request.getParameter("foo")}' or '${parameters.getParameter("foo")}'
> because the '#' prefix needs to operate on java beans which isn't the
> case neither for the request's getParameter method nor for the
> parameters' getParameter method.
>
> BTW: if you use the '#' prefix the expression is evaluated using the
> commons-jxpath tool which expects a xpath syntax, the '$' prefix uses
> the commons-jexl project for expression evaluation which is more like
> JSTL expressions.

I think I should write some (flow + xml) test cases for trying out the
different ways of getting the various parameters and other Objects
(like Maps, Sets, Beans etc) extracted by JXTemplate.

I am off to N.Ireland for a weeks diving on Friday, I will be taking my
'poota, so hopefully will come back with these written.

But regardless of that, I think the idea Sylvain had of unifying the
object-space available to JXTemplate with the FOM, has some merit.

regards Jeremy