cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: converting FlowApp to new FOM
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:05:46 GMT

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 12:57 PM, Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> From: Jeremy Quinn
>
>> On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 12:47 PM, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>>
>>> Jeremy,
>>>
>>> I've never tried it but if I understood Chris correctly you can call
>>> the
>>> method
>>>
>>> form.populate( cocoon.request);
>>>
>>> in your flow, and object of the type
>>> org.apache.cocoon.environment.Request is available in your
>> java class
>>
>> I tried that, and got this error:
>>
> "file:/Library/Tomcat/webapps/cocoon/editor/flow/Editor.js", line 189:
>> Cannot convert
>>
> org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_Cocoon$FOM_Request
> @
>
>> a14cd1 to org.apache.cocoon.environment.Request
>

> In the archives I found this:
>
> and this should do it:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105977306309620&w=2

I just converted all my classes to use the
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_Cocoon.FOM_Request.
jsFunction_getParameter (String name) method, and they appear to be
working.

Would it be 'safer' to pass the FOM_Cocoon object itself, and unwrap
the org.apache.cocoon.environment.Request from it as Ugo appears to
have done?

Thanks

regards Jeremy