cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: can you reach sitemap params from JXTemplate?
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:01:32 GMT

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 06:11 PM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> Does anyone know the correct syntax for getting a Sitemap parameter
>> in JXTemplate?
>>
>> I have tried all of the following:
>>
>> #{cocoon/parameters["publishedJobServer"]}
>> #{cocoon/parameters/publishedJobServer/}
>> ${cocoon.parameters["publishedJobServer"]}
>> ${cocoon.getParameters("publishedJobServer")}
>> ${cocoon.parameters.publishedJobServer}
>>

>> The first two throw exceptions, the others output nothing.
>> I can use cocoon.getParameters("publishedJobServer") in my FlowScript
>> without a problem, but I would prefer not to have to pass it
>> specially to the view in cocoon.sendPage().
>>
>> Any ideas?
>

> The "cocoon" object only exists in the flowscript. In JXTemplate, you
> can directly access the "parameters" variable :
> #{$parameters.getParameter('publishedJobServer')}

I cannot get this to work, I get:
org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Invalid XPath:
'$parameters.getParameter(\"publishedJobServer\")'. Syntax error after:
'$p'

If I try :

${$parameters.getParameter('publishedJobServer')}

nothing happens

> This makes me think we should unify the notation across the various
> components of a flow-script application.
> In this regard, it would be more consistent to have "request",
> "session", "context" and "parameter" as children of a "cocoon"
> variable instead of having them directly as toplevel variables.

I agree

> Or are they available as toplevel variables to mimic JSTL from which
> JXTemplate is inspired ?

They look like they are by a cursory reading of the code, but I have
not been able to read many yet ;)

Thanks for your suggestions

regards Jeremy