cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Improving Sitemap and Flowscript
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:05:56 GMT

On Thursday, Aug 21, 2003, at 17:45 Europe/Rome, Christian Haul wrote:

> On 21.Aug.2003 -- 01:40 PM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> But, if you write
>> <map:generate type="filteredFile" src="something">
>>
>> then you can access it automatically as {src} rather than
>> writing
>> <map:generate type="filteredFile">
>>   <map:parameter name="src" value="something"/>
>
> We *will* regret this at some point. Don't handle @src different from
> all other parameters. IOW we should pass everything using the
> map:parameter syntax.
>
> We haven't done it with resources. We shouldn't do it here.

Good point, but to me, "src" already is a special parameter for
generators and transformers, I see no problem in making it so for
virtual ones as well.

As for resources, they were not meant to be pipeline fragments anyway,
but entire pipelines, so a special "src" attribute doesn't make any
sense for an entire pipeline.

--
Stefano.