cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Inclusion of the Calendar Popup in Apache Cocoon
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:57:43 GMT
[For cocoon-dev] I asked Matt Kruse about the inclusion of his nice
JavaScript calendar popup
(http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/calendarpopup/) into Cocoon. He
answered very positively, so be prepared to see this in Woody in the
coming days (I have it working on my HD, but it needs some polishing).

Matt Kruse wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Sorry for the delay in responding - it's been busy.
>
>Yes, you may use the calendar popup library in the cocoon distribution.

Cool. Thanks a lot !

>Please leave my comments in the javascript source so that users can find my site to get
updates, etc.

You should have no worries for this : the source will be included as is,
with no modifications, as we don't need nor don't want to maintain a
fork of your  work.

>I just recently put up a beta version of the calendar popup which is implemented using
Struts tag libraries, so the popup may end up in multiple apache projects :)

I've seen your post on Struts-users. AFAICS, this taglib directly embeds
the JavaScript code in the tag code, and does not refer to an external
.js file. Is there any difference between the two versions ?

>If you have any other questions, let me know!

You mentioned (on the support forum IIRC) an update to avoid the
explicit declaration of the hidden DIV used to attach the popup. What's
the status of this ?

Thanks again,
Sylvain