cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/samples/xsl/html woody-default.xsl
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2003 08:39:00 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 23:03, sylvain@apache.org wrote:
>

>>sylvain     2003/08/17 14:03:42
>>
>>  Modified:    src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/transformation
>>                        WidgetReplacingPipe.java
>>               src/blocks/woody/samples/xsl/html woody-default.xsl
>>  Log:
>>  Prevent the production of <wi:styling> if it's already present in a <wt:widget>.
>>  This allows to pass styling information as attributes of <wi:style>
>>

>Wouldn't it be better to remove the old behaviour completely and require the styling information
to be put inside wi:styling? Might become confusing otherwise...

+1. But I did not want to break anything ;-)

Talking about this, I find it much more readable to use attributes on
<wi:styling> rather than nested elements for "flat" styling
configuration, which is the most frequent.

Example :
<wt:widget id="foo">
  <wi:styling type="textarea" rows="10"/>
</wt:widget>

The "type" attribute defines the "style type" and all other attributes
are dependent on this type (and here, copied as is).

What do you think ?

Sylvain