cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Implementing Cocoon Blocks
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:15:28 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Ok, great. Does anybody have a problem with the proposed file system
>> layout?
>
> AFAIU, blocks are expanded into WEB-INF/blocks/\d+/ directories:

By default - but as I understood Stefano's last email, it should be
possible to override?

>> the file system layout (relative to the cocoon webapp context) is
>>
>>    [-] WEB-INF
>>     L___ [-] blocks
>>           L___ [-] 384938958499
>>           |     L___ [-] BLOCK-INF
>>           |     |     L___ block.xml
>>           |     L_ (the contents of cob:mycompany.com/webmail/1.3.43)
>
> Why temp directory is not used here? And, where unpacked blocks are stored?

Temp dir:
I've been assuming this file and dir structure is the persistent state
for the block manager.  If it has deployed the blocks, it records its
state in this structure.  At Cocoon restart, this structure (wiring.xml
and resulting filesystem tree) is used to initialize the
blocks/components/etc. Otherwise the block deployer has to re-deploy
everything on restart.  Have I got that right?

Unpacked blocks:
Good question -- maybe in WEB-INF/blocks ?

Geoff