cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: [RT] Starting 2.2 (was going to be "The Project Formerly Known As Cocoon")
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:04:31 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> What about renaming the next release to an unpronounceable set of
> symbols, like Prince, or that Led Zepplin album?  I'd suggest "!&#".

How about: Cocoon <Interrobang>

It would be pronounced, "Cocoon?!"

>> In all seriousness, I'm all for 2.2, but what sorts of loose ends are
>> there that could be tied up for 2.1.x?  Howabout a push to clear out
>> some bugs from bugzilla?
>

> Me too, but a push for bug fix (and I'd like to see a docs blitz)
> wouldn't need to hold up creating the repository and working out the
> best way of working two trees at once would it?

Hrm, actually a docs push would be more like it, since I was prodded by a few people to do
up some
nice InputModule docs, so I am guilty as charged :)  I just didn't want to see new stuff get
started
and have older issues unresolved.  I don't see why we'd need to postpone a new repository,
really,
I'd just hate to see things forgotten about.

Side note: Is a build of 2.1.x or 2.2 going to be using the new forrest-style skins for the
docs
anytime soon?  It's kind of nasty seeing the old site design when I build docs from the current
CVS.

> By the way, I thought we were planning on breaking from ECM in 2.2
> because it would make blocks easier among other great benefits.  Is this
> still a thought?  That would certainly make a new repo an attractive thing.

I'm not a hugely knowledgeable on Avalon, so I'm not sure about the issues surrounding it.
 Just
when I thought I'd start to learn Avalon stuff, the carpet gets pulled out from under me!
:)

Regards,

Tony