cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Starting 2.2 (was going to be "The Project Formerly Known As Cocoon")
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:47:06 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Maybe start 2.5, just to be in line with Linux? ;-P
>
> Screw that, let's just skip a couple major versions, everyone's doing it
> now, how does "Cocoon 5.0" look? :)
>
> Better yet, let's just change the name alltogether:
>
> Cocoon XP
> Cocoon MX
> Cocoon MX 2004
>
> I just love Macromedia, at least they admit MX doesn't mean anything:
>
> What does "MX" mean?
>     The "MX" moniker is not an acronym and doesn't have a literal
> translation.

What about renaming the next release to an unpronounceable set of
symbols, like Prince, or that Led Zepplin album?  I'd suggest "!&#".

> In all seriousness, I'm all for 2.2, but what sorts of loose ends are
> there that could be tied up for 2.1.x?  Howabout a push to clear out
> some bugs from bugzilla?

Me too, but a push for bug fix (and I'd like to see a docs blitz)
wouldn't need to hold up creating the repository and working out the
best way of working two trees at once would it?

By the way, I thought we were planning on breaking from ECM in 2.2
because it would make blocks easier among other great benefits.  Is this
still a thought?  That would certainly make a new repo an attractive thing.

Geoff