cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] WebDAV proxy / DASL search in Cocoon
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:28:34 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Jeudi, 28 aoû 2003, à 17:54 Europe/Zurich, Gianugo Rabellino a écrit :
>
>> ...Not really. You need to keep your metadata repository in sync, so
>> you need to intercept PUT, DELETE & MKCOL, acting accordingly on the
>> JDBC store, so you would need a bit more than just proxying.
>

> You mean to add/remove URIs from the metadata store, right?
> Or are there any implicit properties (creation date etc) that need to be
> maintained?

Yes, on second thought that would be the case. The full set of "live"
properties (those automatically maintained by the webdav server) should
be maintained on the database too. But I'd see no harm in having an
independent version on the JDBC store actually. But anyway, yes, you'll
need it anyhow to sync the metadata store URI and (some) properties.

>> Not at all, infact it was something I wanted to investigate sooner or
>> later (with DAV ACL being the next one to tackle). Care to jump in? > :-)
> It depends if we take this route in my current project - hopefully we
> will, I'll know more in a few days.

Crossing my fingers... ;-)

Ciao,

--