cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We want to donate a XML / Cocoon / EJB / WebStart - based CMS
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:09:18 GMT
Sascha-Matthias Kulawik wrote:

> we've developed a XML-based Content Management System based on different
> technologies like Cocoon, XML, EJB and a WebStart Client Application. It
> is in our interest, that we contribute this project with about 200.000
> Lines of Code to the Apache Foundation.

200.000? Impressive, I just checked and Cocoon is 350.000...

> The project is existing since one year at our company as a closed source
> application.
> We've already running many websites with the CMS', but it was one of the
> major interests of our initial customer, that we will open the source
> for everyone.

This is interesting, could you elaborate? Should I gather that your
company doesn't have an interest to open source it and that it's "just"
because of a customer of yours that you're considering it? I'm honestly
curious, I have a deep personal interest in Open Sourcing dynamics.

> So let me know how I can show you how powerful this project is and how I
> can convince you to become the CMS a subproject of one of your projects.

Putting the site online would help. :-) I'm trying since this morning,
but it's always unavailable.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino