cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] WebDAV proxy / DASL search in Cocoon
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:54:12 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Following up on Gianugo's wild idea [1] that Cocoon could be used to
> implement the DASL part of a WebDAV server..

> Cocoon would proxy the following operations to the WebDAV backend:
> GET, HEAD, POST, PUT, DELETE, MKCOL

Not really. You need to keep your metadata repository in sync, so you
need to intercept PUT, DELETE & MKCOL, acting accordingly on the JDBC
store, so you would need a bit more than just proxying.

> And handle the following operations:
> PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, SEARCH
>
> Problem areas:
> -OPTIONS, backend response must be completed with DASL info (easy)
> -MOVE and COPY, URIs must stay in sync between file storage and
> properties, not too hard to do

Same with methods above...

> -Locking must lock both file contents and properties (I assume),
> slightly harder

Not really. You need to keep trace of lock tokens, but it shouldn't be
that hard.

> Does this sound too hackish? ;-)

Not at all, infact it was something I wanted to investigate sooner or
later (with DAV ACL being the next one to tackle). Care to jump in? :-)

--
Gianugo Rabellino