cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Boon Hian Tek <b...@pdxbtek.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: Porting Cocoon Logging to Log4j - Proposal and Discussion
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:16:15 GMT
Hi all,

Per-Olof Noren wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>"Should Cocoon be configured out-of-the-box for logging to a Log4J
>>backend?"
>

> I'd put my two cents worth of opinion in favor of this suggestion.
>
> Regards,
> Pelle

If it is as easy as one line in the configuration file change,
does it matter? Configuring cocoon involves configuring "sitemap.xml"s,
block.properties, cocoon.xconf already. People who can
get (or need to) setup cocoon should be able to tweak with the
configuration files to make log4j the logger.

my 1/2 cent: Let's make sure it is configurable, and note it
somewhere how to do it.

--
Boon Tek