cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Porting Cocoon Logging to Log4j - Proposal and Discussion
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:14:22 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> Lets make a deal and avoid both stubborness and aggressive attitude
> then. I would suggest you to discuss the Log4J vs. Logkit implementation
> issues on the proper lists and come back here with more evidence. You
> might even convince the Avalon guys to switch to Logkit...

For what its worth, Avalon is working with the Log4J folks.  The new
containers (ECM is old and outdated) there is no die-hard need to use
LogKit.  There also is no die-hard need to tie ourselves to Log4J.  Some
people might want to use (gasp, cough, choke) JDK 1.4 logging.  It's still
possibile with Avalon.

Say what you will, we are ahead of you on this matter.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin