cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Improving Sitemap and Flowscript
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:00:55 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
<snip/>

> *IMPORTANT* (and the reason why I started the RT):
> So in he CLI, instead of asking for the link view and then generate, I
> simply ask Cocoon to insert a transformer that gathers links in the
> same positions where the links view would.
>
> This would make it possible for the CLI to have the configurability of
> the view gatherer but the speed of the transfomer gatherer.

Links view is not a transformer. It's a view, meaning that it can have
actions, matchers, selectors, transformers, and should end with text
serializer. So, you cannot simply add one transformer and think that you
are done with links view. In addition to this, adding a transformer
would not work because this alters pipeline cache key which prevents
such legitimate CLI usages as pre-populating persistent cache.

Solution to the CLI problem was already found (attach links view as a
tee to main pipeline, see "Link View Goodness" on approx 2003/07/01) and
Upayavira is looking into ways of implementing it. I would help him out
but right now I can't.

Vadim