cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Porting Cocoon Logging to Log4j - Proposal and Discussion
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:58:02 GMT
Robert Simmons wrote:
> Actually, I was proposign the removal of the avalon logging mechanism
> completely.

You'll have to provide a very good technical reason for that, much more
than "I like Log4J better" or "Log4J is cool". Consider that:

1. Avalon logkit can use Log4J as the backend enging while, to the best
of my knowledge, the opposite is not true;

2. logging is tightly integrated inside the Avalon lifecycle, which is
tied to logkit. Changing it to Log4J would be painful to say the least.

But, in case there are very good reasons for it, I guess no Cocoon
developer was ever married to logkit, and a better solution is always
welcome. Let me be skeptical, though. :-)

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino