cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/webdav/samples/dasl sitemap.xmap test-dasl.xml
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:34:20 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le Jeudi, 28 aoû 2003, à 10:11 Europe/Zurich, gianugo@apache.org a écrit :
>
>>   A first cut at a DASL query component. Needs tweaking, but it's
>> basically working.
>

> Just curious, which DASL-enabled server are you using?
> (I tested the DASL support in Slide a while ago but it was very slow,
> basically scanned the whole store).

I'm using Catacomb ATM. It's pretty fast and reliable, with the only
limitation of being MySQL only (but we might have a surprise out of the
door pretty soon :-)).

Also, today a wild idea came to my mind. Since DAV:basicsearch is just
XML-ized SQL it should be pretty simple to XSL-transform it into a plain
SQL query to run against a database. With a few Cocoon components, then,
it might be pretty simple to have a poor man's DASL-enabled WebDAV
server, augmenting the davmap example of Guido. Something to think
about, but it could be as simple as

<match pattern"SEARCH">
   <generate type="stream"/>
   <transform src="DASL2SQLTransformer.xsl"/>
   <transform type="sql"/>
   <transform type="sql2propfind.xsl"/>
   <serialize type="xml" status-code="207/>
</match>

Something to think about on a cold winter night. :-) Next step might be
having a query engine on top of InspectableSource(s), but I'm afraid
that it would be dog slow.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino