cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [RT] Starting 2.2
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:22:20 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Jeudi, 28 aoû 2003, à 09:18 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
>
>>> ...Great! Combined with the recent RTs, does still someone feel that
>>> starting 2.2 is the right thing? Or are there still objections?...
>>

> I'm +1 on starting 2.2 given what's going on (or planned) with blocks,
> forms, etc.
>
> -Bertrand

I think, as has been said before, we need to discuss _what_ it is that
would require a new repository.

So far, we've had a number of RTs, but to my knowledge, no one is
working on implementing any of these yet, and no one is working on code
that cannot be placed into the 2.1 repository without breaking
interfaces (at least ones that aren't still alpha).

I think we should consider the 2.2 repository _only_ when we've got a
concrete proposal for code that _cannot_ be included in the 2.1 repository.

Switching repositories last time was a pain. Switching to a 2.2
repository will also be a pain, and that pain has to be worth it, and at
present I do not see any proposals being made (that is, people proposing
to implement proposals) that actually require this 2.2 repository.

Therefore, at present I think we should stick with 2.1, until concrete
proposals emerge that make it worth the effort.

Regards, Upayavira