cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forced caching of volatile data
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 07:47:30 GMT
Miles Elam wrote:

> If the Abstracts (AbstractGenerator, AbstractTransformer, etc.) were
> updated to reflect this, most folks using Cocoon would only have to do a
> recompile.  Folks who implemented the interfaces directly (Generator,
> Transformer, etc.) would have more to do, but a cut and paste from the
> appropriate Abstract would do in 90% of the cases I should think.
> (Assuming that the developer hasn't made their component cacheable
> already.)

I can't really think of a reason for this not to work. The only problem
is that doing so would somehow break a contract: today if you extend
Abstract* you know that your class wont be cacheable, and this might be
done on purpose. I don't know if this might actually impact users, but I
sure can see a point here.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino