cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/html/lib .cvsignore jtidy-04aug2000r7-dev.jar
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:01:23 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>

>>Steven Noels wrote:
>>

>>>Of course, I'm very confident that Carsten has done this with the best
>>>possible intentions, but "Contributions to the portal" is hardly an
>>>intuitive commit message, and a quick search for the three people
>>>involved didn't bring up much prior discussion on the lists.
>>>

>>I also would like to see a bit more descriptive commit message. And may
>>be entry in status.xml too.
>>

>As long as the portal is alpha this would imho only mess up the status.xml.
>As soon as it's not alpha anymore, yes, it makes sense to add everything
>to status.xml.

Then you will have to provide a blurb about portal in status.xml
*before* next milestone/beta/rc/release, because portal was released
once as part of 2.1 and users deserve to know what has been changed from
2.1 to <insert version number here - most probably 2.1.1>.

>>I noticed that jtidy has been moved out of html block and into
>>lib/optional. What will happen if I to remove jtidy from the
>>lib/optional? Will this break the build?
>>

>Yepp, you can see it in the gump.xml dependency description.

But that means that we are busting build even more instead of fixing it?

Vadim