cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Improving Sitemap and Flowscript
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:41:33 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> On Wednesday, Aug 20, 2003, at 20:15 Europe/Rome, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>
>> Looks like I missed some serious fun during these vacations... time to
>> catch up!
>>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>
>>>  Virtual Pipeline Components
>>>  ---------------------------
>>

>> Love the idea. Even because it was me suggesting something like that a
>> couple of years ago and being blamed of FS... ;-)
>

> Really? any pointer? (I'm not being sarcastic, but curious... if I
> judged FS something that I later ended up proposing, there is something
> wrong in my FS meter ;-)

Sorry, no pointers, just witnesses if they remind the live discussion
who took place one day in Bibop.:-) We were still using the compiled
sitemap and I was suggesting how components could have been aggregated
(G-T* / T* /T*-S) as "macros" to be unrolled by XSLT. You came up with
FS bells and problems with parameter resolving, so the discussion was
kinda over. I will be more stubborn next time. ;-)

>>>  Pluggable Request Factories
>>>  ---------------------------
>> 2. Are you sure that adapting the request is enough?
>

> I couldn't come up with anything that required more than that.
>
>> I'd say that the different use cases you're pointing out require a bit
>> more then just the request object: I'd say that the whole environment
>> might need a particular treatment in most cases.
>
> Why so, can you elaborate? maybe with a specific example? scenarios help
> the design.

You might need to have access to the response too. In WebDAV world, as
an example, you need to set a whole bunch of headers (Allow:, DAV:,
MS-Author-Via - yuck - and more), and a DASL component needs to specify
the search vocabularies supported. True, you can do it by hand, but it
would be much better if such manipulation could be done by a
"request-factory".

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino