cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: "Production" build for Cocoon?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:27:18 GMT
Roger I Martin PhD wrote:

>standalone-demo build target is one of the worst ways to work with Cocoon; yet alone achieve
what Chris is asking.  Cocoon is a super charged super powerful servlet that can be used to
achieve some pretty amazing results.
>I've read the INSTALL.txt and it is a excellent example of unprofessional writing.  In
fact it is simply obnoxious.

Please don't forget that all Cocoon developers started as Cocoon users.
So why don't you jump in and write some better install docs ? The
community would be very thankful for this.

If sending patches is too complex, you can contribute to the Cocoon
wiki, as many users do.

>For Cocoon developers: you need to start thinking of Cocoon as a servlet intended to be
used "inside" of your customer's webapp.  If I opened an M$ product out of the box and the
way to "INSTALL" it was described as in INSTALL.txt with the results far from "That's it!"
I would not hesitate to return it.

Yeah, but with M$ you pay for that shiny box, have no way to make your
feedback heard nor to contribute back.

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message