cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <>
Subject Re: can you reach sitemap params from JXTemplate?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 23:41:15 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Some thoughts aside:
> - The contract for exchanging (named) parameters between sitemap,
> flowscript and jxtransformer needs to be solidified (but we knew that)
> - I'm slightly annoyed by the abundance of choice with JEXL and JXPath.
> Wouldn't it be better to stick with only one of them?

When I tried wrapping my head around this stuff, I was boggled at the
choice of two different syntaxes.  IMO this is a weakness and we should
choose one or the other, but having both makes everything a million
times more complicated.

You can see my comments about the confusing syntax on my tutorial I
wrote a while ago located at [1].

I wouldn't mind seeing the syntax fleshed out and unified, but I don't
have the technical knowledge to do anything about this.

View raw message