cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: can you reach sitemap params from JXTemplate?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:46:45 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 10:27 AM, Unico Hommes wrote:
>
>> What build are you using. This wasn't working a few weeks ago but has
>> been fixed.
>>

> 2.1.1-dev, a couple of days old.

... and I'm running into the same problem, with HEAD from this afternoon.

sitemap:

      <map:match pattern="foo/*/bar/*">
        <map:generate src="forms/{1}-baz.xml" type="jx"/>
        <map:transform src="style/site2html.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize/>
      </map:match>

jxpage:

<page xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0">

     [...]

     <jx:choose>
       <jx:when test="${parameters.getParameter('status') == 'success'}">
       </jx:when>
       <jx:otherwise>
       </jx:otherwise>
     </jx:choose>

     [...]

   </content>
</page>

I also tried any permutation of JEXL and JXPath, but no luck.

Some thoughts aside:

- The contract for exchanging (named) parameters between sitemap,
flowscript and jxtransformer needs to be solidified (but we knew that)
- I'm slightly annoyed by the abundance of choice with JEXL and JXPath.
Wouldn't it be better to stick with only one of them?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org