cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Checkboxes in JXForms - javascript OK, java NOT
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:21:16 GMT
Why not use xf:itemset in this case instead of jx:forEach?

Giacomo Pati wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Chris Clark wrote:
>

>>I think there may be a bug then...
>>
>>When I try to use a String array in my Java class, I get the following error:
>>
>>Exception trying to set value with xpath validchecks; Cannot modify property: elrsproto.FormBean.validchecks;
Cannot convert value of class java.lang.String to type class [Ljava.lang.String;; Cannot convert
class java.lang.String to class [Ljava.lang.String;

>>That's why I tried to use just a straight String.  And it works, except that it only
gets the value of the first check.

>>Whether I use the nodeset or not, I get the same behaviour.
>>
>>I did verify that I don't need to use the nodeset if I specify all of the controls
ahead of time in the form definition.  Thanks.

>>For now my work-around is to use a javascript array object for the form and then copy
it into my Java class.  That works.  Odd.