cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Using cocoon: source in <xsl:import>s
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:34:02 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> I think there is no bug open for this. Also, I'd ping Carsten to
>>> hear his opinion. Carsten?
>>>
>>> PS Thread: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106067513100007&r=1&w=2
>>>

>> Pong.
>>
>> I think this is something the internal processing should handle, which
>> means, if the reader sets such a header it should simply be ignored
>> instead of being passed on.
>> Now, I guess this is very easy as we could create a response wrapper
>> for internal requests (we already have a request wrapper) and filter
>> the headers.
>>

> This reminds me some random thoughts I had with Gianugo around a beer
> last february : we were discussing the ability for internal sources to
> set response headers and came to the conclusion that there was no
> yes/no rule for all headers, and that the behaviour was dependent on
> the header type.

Actually it depends not on header type alone but on usage of the
resource. If it is aggregated to be part of the output - then I agree
with some of your thoughts below. But if it is, say, called from the
flow - none of headers should make it into the actual response. Another
example I could make is authentication action which authenticates
against cocoon:/ resource. No response headers of internal request
should affect actual login page response.

Vadim