cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Improving Views
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:27:16 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> leo leonid wrote:

<snip/>

>> I think it is not sufficient to have views that can be
>> enabled/disabled. Sometimes other components depend on certain views
>> (like the Lucene indexer) and so you can't disable. Maybe we need a
>> sort of access restriction mechanism.
>

> Like <map:pipeline views="internal"> or <map:pipeline
> allow-views="x,y" internal-views="a,b">?
>
> The same would apply to the command line/bean, which requires link
> view, but which you might not want to expose to the public.

Those views actually were intended to be exposed to the public. So
public can intellegently crawl your website, or aggregate parts of your
website, or index your website (think search engine which indexes
content, not navigation bar). So Cocoon running on the user's host could
interoperate with another Cocoon instance on another host.

But yes, sometimes you may want to disable this view here or that view
there.

Vadim