cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Improving Sitemap and Flowscript
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:22:53 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>>One thing missing is passing information from the pipeline to the
>>>components.
>>>For example if you write this pipeline:
>>>
>>><map:generate type="filteredFile" src="afile.xml">
>>> <map:parameter name="a parameter" value="a value"/>
>>>
>>>I assume that the src info and the parameters are passed to the "real"
>>>generator which in this case is the file generator. Is it
>>>

>>possible to pass
>>

>>>info to the other components as well, so can I pass a parameter to the
>>>xslt transformer?
>>>I'm not sure if this is needed (or if it's FS); I have not
>>>

>>thought about it
>>

>>>but it immediately came up my mind :)
>>>

>>You really have to consider virtual components as "typed resources",
>>this means we'll be able to pass parameters to these virtual components
>>just a we do today for resources.
>>
>><map:serializer type="abs-html">
>>  <map:transform type="link-absolutizer">
>>    <map:parametrer name="base-uri" value="{site-root}"/>
>>  </map:transform>
>>  <map:serialize type="html"/>
>></map:serializer>
>>
>>and then :
>><map:serialize type="abs-html">
>>  <map:parameter name="site-root" value="http://my.host/root/"/>
>></map:serialize>
>>

>Ah, ok ,so the given example:
>
>    <map:generator name="filteredFile">
>     <map:generate type="file"/>
>     <map:transform type="xslt" src="namespaceFilter.xsl"/>
>    </map:generator>
>
>wouldn't work as the file generator would get not src, it has to:
>    <map:generator name="filteredFile">
>     <map:generate type="file" src="{src}"/>
>     <map:transform type="xslt" src="namespaceFilter.xsl"/>
>    </map:generator>
>
>with
>   <map:generate type="filteredFile">
>      <map:parameter name="src" value="some.xml"/>
>

>>The only problem is for the "src" attribute. Should we simply pass it as
>>a "src" parameter ?
>>

>+1, yes because then it would look like this:
>
>   <map:generate type="filteredFile" src="some.xml"/>

How would you pass two or three src parameters?

>which is much more convenient.

It could be convinient if it would work. But it does not.

  <map:generator name="filteredFile">
    <map:aggregate>
      <map:part src="a"/>
      <map:part src="b"/>
      <map:part src="c"/>
    </map:aggregate>
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="a.xsl"/>
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="b.xsl"/>
  </map:generator>

5 src attributes.

Vadim