cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject [RT] Prebuilding your cache with the CLI
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:01:25 GMT
Vadim has just fixed a bug with the persistent cache not shutting down
properly. This means that the CLI has access to the Cocoon cache.

For a largely static site, should now be possible to have the CLI crawl
a site, purely with the intention of building up the cache, which will
then be used by the servlet.

Does this sound like a good idea (or am I making some wrong assumptions,
e.g. can the CLI and the servlet share the same persistent cache?)

If this is useful (and would work), I can add an option to the CLI so
that it doesn't write anything to disk, just builds up the cache.

Thoughts?

Upayavira