cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: can you reach sitemap params from JXTemplate?
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:11:19 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Does anyone know the correct syntax for getting a Sitemap parameter in
> JXTemplate?
>
> I have tried all of the following:
>
> #{cocoon/parameters["publishedJobServer"]}
> #{cocoon/parameters/publishedJobServer/}
> ${cocoon.parameters["publishedJobServer"]}
> ${cocoon.getParameters("publishedJobServer")}
> ${cocoon.parameters.publishedJobServer}
>

> The first two throw exceptions, the others output nothing.
> I can use cocoon.getParameters("publishedJobServer") in my FlowScript
> without a problem, but I would prefer not to have to pass it specially
> to the view in cocoon.sendPage().
>
> Any ideas?

The "cocoon" object only exists in the flowscript. In JXTemplate, you
can directly access the "parameters" variable :
#{$parameters.getParameter('publishedJobServer')}

This makes me think we should unify the notation across the various
components of a flow-script application. In this regard, it would be
more consistent to have "request", "session", "context" and "parameter"
as children of a "cocoon" variable instead of having them directly as
toplevel variables.

Or are they available as toplevel variables to mimic JSTL from which
JXTemplate is inspired ?

Sylvain