cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Using cocoon: source in <xsl:import>s
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:57:15 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>

>>Phil Shafer wrote:

>>>Will do. Thanks for the help. Is there a PR open for this? Should
>>>I open one?
>>>

>>I think there is no bug open for this. Also, I'd ping Carsten to hear
>>his opinion. Carsten?
>>
>>PS Thread: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=106067513100007&r=1&w=2
>>

>Pong.
>
>I think this is something the internal processing should handle, which
>means, if the reader sets such a header it should simply be ignored
>instead of being passed on.
>Now, I guess this is very easy as we could create a response wrapper
>for internal requests (we already have a request wrapper) and filter
>the headers.

This reminds me some random thoughts I had with Gianugo around a beer
last february : we were discussing the ability for internal sources to
set response headers and came to the conclusion that there was no yes/no
rule for all headers, and that the behaviour was dependent on the header
type.

For example :
- content-length : only the top-level request handling can set it (as
shown by the current problem)
- expires : any request (internal or external) can set it, but only the
lowest delay is kept
- vary : the final header should contain all the vary headers set by all
requests (ex : language, user-agent, etc)

The solution we came to was to associate HeaderFilter components to each
of the headers for which filtering is necessary. These filters would be
attached to the top-level environment (i.e. the HttpEnvironment),
receiving any setHeader call of all subenvironments handling the request.

What do you think ?

Sylvain