cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Improving Sitemap and Flowscript
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:39:12 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>>  Virtual Pipeline Components
>>  ---------------------------
>>

></SNIP>
>
>+5, the only thing I'm not sure about is the syntax in the sitemap, you
>propose:
>

>>   <map:generators>
>>     <map:generator name="filteredFile">
>>       <map:generator type="file"/>
>>       <map:transformer type="xslt" src="namespaceFilter.xsl"/>
>>     </map:generator>
>>

>because in order to work correctly you have to define the file generator
>as usual:
>
><map:generator name="file" src="SOME CLASS"/>
>
>The src of the above statement points to a class where the src attribute of
>the transformer above points to a file, so wouldn't it be better to write:
>

>>   <map:generators>
>>     <map:generator name="filteredFile">
>>       <map:generate type="file"/>
>>       <map:transform type="xslt" src="namespaceFilter.xsl"/>
>>     </map:generator>
>>

>and "reuse" the "pipeline syntax". I'm not sure which one is better, but I
>really like that you don't propose using a different components section
>in the sitemap for Virtual Pipeline Components, map:virtual-generator etc.

+1 (I guess Stefano actually made a typo here).

And also because a virtual component can contain other sitemap
constructs such as matchers, etc.

>One thing missing is passing information from the pipeline to the
>components.
>For example if you write this pipeline:
>
><map:generate type="filteredFile" src="afile.xml">
>  <map:parameter name="a parameter" value="a value"/>
>
>I assume that the src info and the parameters are passed to the "real"
>generator which in this case is the file generator. Is it possible to pass
>info to the other components as well, so can I pass a parameter to the
>xslt transformer?
>I'm not sure if this is needed (or if it's FS); I have not thought about it
>but it immediately came up my mind :)

You really have to consider virtual components as "typed resources",
this means we'll be able to pass parameters to these virtual components
just a we do today for resources.

<map:serializer type="abs-html">
  <map:transform type="link-absolutizer">
    <map:parametrer name="base-uri" value="{site-root}"/>
  </map:transform>
  <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:serializer>

and then :
<map:serialize type="abs-html">
  <map:parameter name="site-root" value="http://my.host/root/"/>
</map:serialize>

The only problem is for the "src" attribute. Should we simply pass it as
a "src" parameter ?

Sylvain