cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Database.js
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:05:00 GMT
Hi peeps,

I'm messing around with the GetTogether registration page, which gives
me a chance to test all this new wonderful Woody & flow stuff, but I'm
stuck on the usage of Database.js. I'm not planning to use any O/R
mapping, since I'll have two tables at most.

In PetStoreImpl.js, there's a code fragment that reads:

PetStore.prototype.getConnection = function(id) {
     if (true) {
         // temporary hack to avoid requiring datasource config in
cocoon.xconf
         java.lang.Class.forName("org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver");
         var jdbc =
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:hsqldb:.", "sa", "")
         var conn = new Database(jdbc);
         if (this.hsql == null) {
             // keep hsql in-memory database alive
             this.hsql =
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:hsqldb:.", "sa", "");
         }
         return conn;
     } else {
         // lookup datasource in cocoon.xconf
         return Database.getConnection(id);
     }
}

but since I want to use my cocoon.xconf datasources config, I'm trying
to set up a connection using:

cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/Database.js");

Registration.prototype.getConnection = function(id) {
	return Database.getConnection(id);
}

and:

var conn = this.getConnection(id);

somewhere.

I'm greeted however with the interesting message: The undefined value
has no properties. Has anyone already played with this? I'm looking for
a snippet of sample code, without the weight that Petstore carries, to
open a connection to a cocoon.xconf-defined pool.

Thanks,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org