cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Classloading from flow (was [Fwd: RE: Calling Java classes from (JXForms) javascript - can you? how?])
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:29:13 GMT
Here's a message from users where a guy figured out that his class had
to be under the current sitemap context directory to be found by flow.

- Is this a correct explanation of the current state?
- Is this the way it should work?  Shouldn't classes/jars in WEB-INF be
found as well?

Geoff

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Calling Java classes from (JXForms) javascript - can you? how?
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:41:58 -0400
From: Chris Clark <Chris.Clark@teranet.ca>
To: <users@cocoon.apache.org>

I figured it out!  Just in case anyone else needs to know...

1) use Packages.dir.dir.class
e.g.

var MyClass = new Packages.com.domain.name.MyJavaClass();

2) The directories messed me up a bit.  For Java actions, the class
files default to WEB-INF/classes.  In order to get the javascript to
run, I had to put the package directory under my sitemap directory.

e.g.
Sitemap in:
c:\cocoon-2.1m2\build\webapp\myweb

Class files in:
c:\cocoon-2.1m2\build\webapp\mywebb\com\domain\name

Took a bit to figure it out, but it's working now.  :)

so I think you can do, but my javascript skills aren't at the point where I can figure out
how.