cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Build Time
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 12:52:17 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> [build CPU is almost always 100% -- clear indication that that's not IO]
> Just don't tell me no-op build takes less then one minute for you! I
> won't belive you!!! :-)
>

> Hmmm... Now when I run it without optimizeit I can't see the advantage
> of the patched version... Hmmm... Can cost of synchronized() statement
> differ highly under optimizeit comparing with regular jvm?

Yep.

There are a number of issues within the whole of ANT where it could be made
even faster; however, when you use it simply, there is nothing better.  I am
sure that there are some issues if you have ANT trying to talk accross JVMs
(i.e. invoking sub-ANT build file targets), etc.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin