cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: HttpSessionBindingEvent
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 20:51:22 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Sorry, this is part of the Servlet spec I have had little use for in
> the past.
>
> I don't think HttpSessionBindingListener/HttpSessionBindingEvents are
> available in Cocoon, but I think they are supposed to be the way to
> solve a problem I have.

Yes, they _are_ available, as long as your application runs as a servlet
(i.e. HttpEnvironment), since in that case the Cocoon Session (interface
o.a.c.environment.Session) is simply a wrapper around a servlet HttpSession.

> I am planning a Job Manager, shared by a FlowScript in the Context
> (?), between a group of people who will share work on a batch of jobs
> between them, and need to lock jobs from each other while they are
> working on them.

Same for Context : this is a wrapper around the ServletContext.

> I need to have Jobs unlocked if a user with their lock has their
> Session time out.
>
> Sounds familiar?
> Any suggestions?
> Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

[just curious : is "barking" the dog's sound in this context ?]

Hope this helps,
Sylvain