cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: HTMLGenerator
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 03:10:21 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> GOT IT!!!
>
> What ever node type this should be: <![if !IE]> <![endif]>
> this is the reason for the exception. Why the explicite XPath works? I
> don't know ... At other places in the same file these constructs are
> placed in comments and don't disturb: <!--[if IE]><![endif]--> To which
> language do these constructs belong?

You mean you don't use the "Downlevel-revealed Conditional Comment" and
the "Downlevel-hidden Conditional Comment" every day?  When I first ran
into this I was quite confused but google came to the rescue:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/ccomment_ovw.asp

Basically, IIRC it's a  microsoft extension to html which is a
conditional evaluated by the browser.  The two have different meanings
that I haven't quite taken the time to grasp.  Do they use it on every
page?  How about switching to google or cnn?

Geoff