cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: HTMLGenerator
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 01:59:46 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> Specifiying the XPath exactly
>> (/html[1]/body[1]/center[1]/table[4]/tr[1]/td[1]) works. Should be a
>> good hint for the Xalan team, shouldn't it?
>

> I'd added into XPathTestCase.java in avalon-excalibur/xmlutil:

> Still works :-/
> Can you reproduce this using excalibur's test case ("ant test" in
> avalon-excalibur/xmlutil)?

I can confirm this.

Even worse:
1. I used HTMLGenerator without xpath, serialized document to xml,
removed default namespace (xhtml), saved file to disk, changed testcase
to read this file and used original xpath: works too.

2.
<map:generate type="html" src="http://cocoon.apache.org/">
   <map:parameter name="xpath"
value="/html/body/table[3]/tr/td[2]/table/tr[4]/td/div/div/p[3]"/>
</map:generate>
<map:serialize type="html"/>

results in

application development needs". It is a glue that keeps concerns
separate and allows parallel evolution of all aspects of a web
application, improving development pace and reducing the chance of
conflicts.</p>

=> works.

--------------------------

GOT IT!!!

What ever node type this should be: <![if !IE]> <![endif]>
this is the reason for the exception. Why the explicite XPath works? I
don't know ... At other places in the same file these constructs are
placed in comments and don't disturb: <!--[if IE]><![endif]--> To which
language do these constructs belong?

What will we do? Kicking yahoo.com and taking another site (e.g. more
computer, software development, xml and java related)? Using the
explicite XPath with yahoo.com?

Joerg