cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Flow + Hibernate sample offer
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:01:22 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> I meant your code (if any) which has imports of hybernate packages. I'm
> not sure that it can have ASL/BSD license.

If it's stored in Apache CVS and redistributed with Cocoon, it can't.

Outside Apache, you can't add "(c) ASF" anyhow, since you're operating
on your own, but you are perfectly free to copy the license verbatim,
change it into (c) Jeremy and import/invoke LGPL'ed method signatures.
You might however inform your users that the no-strings-attached
redistribution clause of ASF/BSD-style licenses isn't necesseraly
compatible with clause 6 of the LGPL license, and that the FSF goes at
length in denying the existence of this problem.

If the Hibernate peeps change the license for their API, that's
something entirely different.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org