cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [BUG] StoreJanitor
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:32:28 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>The docs for the store janitor recommend to set the max heap size
>to -Xmx. With JDK 1.4.1 and -Xmx set to 192mb, this is 201326592.
>However, the total memory of the jvm as reported by the store janitor
>is 199819264 which is less than the value above.
>Now, the store janitor checks during the memory test, if the
>total memory is greater (or equal) to the configured heap size.
>And this is never true, so the low memory check is useless!
>
>I saw this behaviour with different jdks (all on windows right now).

I saw it too. Hence the recent change in cocoon.xconf:

     <!-- Indicates the limit of the jvm memory consumption. The default max
          heapsize for Sun's JVM is (almost) 64Mb -->
     <parameter name="heapsize" value="66600000"/>

>So we should either make the check more tolerant or change the docs.

+1 to improve the docs. Say that command line parameter does not match
actual memory reserved for the heap.

Vadim