cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Using cocoon: source in <xsl:import>s
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:25:00 GMT
Phil Shafer wrote:

>I'm seeing an error when I use <xsl:import>s containing
>cocoon: sources. During processing of the import sources,
>ResourceReader.processStream() calls:
>
>   response.setHeader("Content-Length", Long.toString(contentLength));
>
>But the response referenced is the _original_ (external)
>http request, not some internal one.
>
>The result is that if cocoon:source has a length that
>is less than that of the request, the response is
>truncated.
>
>Has anyone seen this? Bugzilla didn't have anything appropriate.
>
>The handling of sources in XSLTProcessorImpl is fairly
>new code, right? Should it be doing something more than just:
>
>   xslSource = resolver.resolveURI(href);
>
>like consing up a request/response?

It's not concern of the resolver's user to fiddle with request /
response. If change to be made, it should be done in cocoon source
implementation.

>Or is the problem really just
>that setHeader shouldn't be called (unconditionally)?

I think reader has a right to make this call unconditionally.

PS Are you using reader to deliver xsl:import parts? Have you tried
generate/serialize pair, which does work?

Vadim