cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Where to put a new bean (non-HTML)
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:01:22 GMT
[here's a non-HTML version - mailer misbehaved again :-( ]

I have on my system a substantially reworked CLI/bean. It is much better
componentised (rather than the monolithic bean), and should therefore be much
easier to understand and extend (how many of you avoid the CLI/bean 'cos you
don't  understand the code??).

I've been waiting for 2.1 to be launched before doing anything with the code, but
that's  now passed. I've got something that works, but I want to do a lot more with
it.  As I  go, I learn more, and interfaces change, so what I'm working on is very
unstable in  terms of interface (and probably other ways too).

Now my question is, if I want other eyes on my code, what do I do with it?

1) Replace the existing code with my new one, potentially breaking CLI in CVS
Cocoon, but leaving us with just one implementation that can far outgrow the
current  CLI.
2) Put it in the scratchpad (with some classes renamed (e.g. Main2.java). Involves
duplication, and eventually having to merge, etc.
3) Something else?

Any ideas?

Upayavira