cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Views for readers
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:28:08 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>>> If it's this way I'd prefer "unless-label" in map:read to make it
>>> clear.
>>>
>>> Or maybe
>>>
>>>   <map:read src="docs/{1}.doc" unless-label="*"/>
>>>
>>> would do, meaning "use this unless any views are requested"
>>> (and * would be the only allowed value).

<snip/>

>> Any other proposal or opinion on this subject before we start a vote ?
>

> Can't you just enable generators in map:view in case when view starts
> with reader?

No, since views "capture" the (XML) output at certain points of the
pipeline to provide a different formatting. E.g. the processing for the
"indexable-content" view is the same for all URIs, be them XML pipelines
or a single reader.

So there's no way other than having a generator _before_ jumping to the
view, feeding that view with the kind of XML content it expects.

Sylvain