cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [RT] Views for readers
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:24:16 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> How about making it the other way round, by allowing Generators to
> read from Readers?
> <map:match pattern="*.doc" default-view="binary">
>   <map:generator label="xml-content-for-indexing" type="wordToXml">
>     <map:read src="word-documents/{1}.doc" label="binary" mime-type=.../>
>   </map:generator>
>   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>

Do you mean that the generator would be used if the
"xml-content-for-indexing" view is selected ? This doesn't fit with the
existing sitemap behaviour, since generators are _always_ added to the

But what if we write it the other way around :
<map:read src="docs/{1}.doc">
  <map:generate src="docs/{1}.doc" type="wordToXml" label="content"/>

The meaning of the above is : if a view is requested, execute what's
_inside_ the <map:read>. If it builds a complete pipeline then return
its result, otherwise just perform the usual read operation.

> Is that RT-ish enough?

Mmmmh... not as wild as Nicola Ken's. Try again ;-P

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message